Touchpad for Asus Laptop
Replace your Asus laptop touchpadYour Asus laptop's touchpad is not operating as smoothly as before? You can replace it with a new one via our website and choose from our wide inventory of Asus trackpads. Here you will find a large selection of touchpad replacements for all models of Asus laptops (Asus Vivobook touchpad, Asus ROG, Netbook, Chromebook, Asus Zenbook touchpad, Transformer etc...) renowned for their efficiency and design. You may need to invest in a new touchpad if yours is damaged, slow, or far worse: if it does not react at all, and you had to go back to using a mouse while waiting for a solution. These problems are often related to over-use or exposure to moisture. While on our site, view all the other items and accessories for Asus laptops, such as efficient keyboards, hinges and quality speakers. If your Asus touchpad does not function correctly, then it is time to switch it or replace its damaged parts. Discover all the buttons of your trackpad (right click and left click) here on this page as well as touchpad supports, also called mounting brackets that connect the touchpad and serve as a frame to hold it in place. Also, available is the trackpad itself, constantly used, it suffers over time, and it is then essential to replace the electronic card to regain complete use of the touchpad. In addition, the touchpad board, known as the controller board of the touchpad, is on sale on our online store. Last but not least, to increase the efficiency of your trackpad, you can change the sticky plate (Touchpad Mylar) that fastens simply on the touchpad board for most models of Asus laptops (G751, B53, G74, FX502, G552 or P302 ...), find it in different colors to personalize your computer (black, red, gray, blue, white…)
How to repair Asus trackpadEven if you are not a computer specialist, you can do these repairs on your own.
Here are the steps to help you:
- Get a Phillip's screwdriver and a small flat head screwdriver
- Turn off your computer, unplug it from all power cables and position it as if you were going to use it
- Slide the flat screwdriver between the outline of the keyboard and the bottom of the body, these two elements must be delicately lifted starting from the front of the keyboard, then on the sides to finish at the back
- An FFC (wide and flat thread) still connects the two dislocated parts, gently lift the white tab located at its end that holds it attached
- Then, leave the rest of the computer aside and place the keyboard back to you
- Gently peel off the layer and tape around the flat flexible cable
- Unscrew the screws of the trackpad then pry it out of the keyboard
- Position the new touchpad or the changed components, reconnect the cables and the tape and then repeat these steps in the opposite direction
You will be able to replace the system of your Asus trackpad completely or just alter some items of this touchpad according to your needs.